Mika is such an interesting name... is it Sullustan?

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I don't know a lot of about genetics, but it seems that Yuki and I must have some serious "cheek genes." Mika has these big, rosy cheeks that scream out to be pinched. The more I looked at her, the more I started to think that I had seen those chubby cheeks before. Then it hit me -- she looked like one of the space creatures in Star Wars!

After a lot of research on the internet (it's crazy how many people have huge websites dedicated to detailing every alien creature in the Star Wars universe), I finally found the picture I was looking for. The creature's name is Nien Nunb -- a Sullustan pilot that helped Lando Calrissian fly the Millennium Falcon. The more I looked at his picture, the more I saw other similarities between him and Mika beyond their big cheeks (the Star Wars fans describe them as "jowls"). They both have striking dark eyes and a pronounced cone head. Apparently, the Sullustan language is best described as liquid and chattering... that sounds a lot like the noises Mika has been making. We figured she was just crying or fussy... but she might be trying to tell us the location of the Death Star.

Take a look for yourself:

1 comments:

Heidi said...

Peter how dare you compare your beautiful daughter to Nien Nunb!!!!