Mika's first itunes playlist

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mika is still a night owl, so I decided to put together an itunes play list to help her sleep through the night. In total, there's almost three and a half hours of music designed to carry her away to dream land (if she actually slept through the entire mix, I'd consider it a huge victory!).

Among the 48 songs: Moonshadow (Cat Stevens); Sunrise (Nora Jones); Hummingbird (Kris Delmhorst); You've Got A Friend (Carol King); Love Is... (Common); Call You Home (Mark Erelli); Power of Two (Indigo Girls); Sleeping To Dream (Jason Mraz); Night Swimming (R.E.M.); Over and Over (Morcheeba) and Mercy Street (Peter Gabriel).

My criteria was pretty simple: no cursing, no heavy metal and no songs I'd want to blast in the car. Everything else was fair game. Not surprisingly, I ended up with a lot of acoustic stuff (mostly folk). I guess our expansive hip hop and 80's heavy metal collections will have to wait for another time.

I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm confident the mix will have the hypnotic, sleep-inducing effect we've been longing for. If it doesn't work for her, maybe it will lull Yuki and I into such a deep sleep that we don't hear her crying.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gotta get the Putamayo collection of nursery songs - fantastic collection and so eclectic!

http://www.amazon.com/Dreamland-Various-Artists/dp/B00008XESC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1207850484&sr=1-1