Ultrasound reveals a hurricane?

Sunday, March 16, 2008

After I updated the blog with news of my sister's pregnancy, someone mentioned their surprise that I posted the ultrasound photo. As the person said: "It's your sister's uterus... and you posted it on the internet!"

I guess I did (I got permission from my sister first), but I was totally focused on the little baby in the picture... or at least that roundish spot that the doctor labeled "baby." Yuki and I were the same with with our own ultrasound photos. We showed them to anyone who would look at them -- friends, neighbors, people at work, the bus driver... you know, everyone.

The funny thing is, the early ultrasound pictures really don't look like anything at all. They're like a Rorschach inkblot test... Is it a baby or a radar image of a hurricane off the coast of Florida?

During our first ultrasound, I was convinced that I saw the baby until the nurse politely told me she was looking at Yuki's bladder. Bladder, baby... whatever. As soon-to-be-parents we saw exactly what we wanted: the cutest little gray and white blurry thing we ever saw. And we couldn't wait to show that blurry thing to the rest of the world. So what if it was Yuki's bladder.

1 comments:

Drew said...

While I am a modest man, I have no problem with pictures of my wife's interior parts being posted on the internet. At least not when they're playing host to the cutest little marine organism ever, tail and webbed feet or no.