Yes, I think I do need a jazzerciser

Monday, March 3, 2008

One of the unexpected side effects of having a newborn is my increased exposure to late-night infomercials. Mika has been waking up around 1:30 or 2AM and staying up until 4 or 4:30... since I can barely keep my eyes open, I've been turning on the TV and walking her around the living room to calm her back to sleep. Not surprisingly, there aren't many quality shows on, but it's prime time for all kinds of commercials for ridiculous products and "systems" for making millions of dollars from the comfort of my living room.

So far, I've had the will power to steer clear of the phone and my credit cards. But as my sleep deprivation increases, I think there's a good chance I'll give in and place my first order. What will it be? A cookware set made of space aged materials to ensure proper heat distribution every time? A miracle cleaner that promises to turn even the dingiest clothing bright white? Or perhaps an exercise machine that shapes and tones my abs in just 5 minutes a day. By the time Mika is sleeping through the night, I'll be a muscular chef who makes outstanding brownies while wearing crisp white tee-shirts!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh, I've been in your shoes before. When I was super depressed I had very odd hours because I slept for vast quantities of time and couldn't leave my house for anything. I would try to get up in the morning and on a good day would make it as far as the couch by 10:00 AM to watch a Murder, She Wrote re-run and, if I was lucky I could stay awake for an episode of Law & Order. Undoubtedly, I would miss some or all of it and sleep for another eight hours so, invariably I would be up at some crazy time at night. I STILL regret not getting the Ab Lounge, but I did get the Magic Bullet blender and LOVE it (I bet it could purée baby food!!!). I also got the Oreck air purifier (huge waste of money) and some Core Secret exercise DVD system I never used. Fortunately, I never bought into the get rich quick ads and didn't spend too much money on useless crap. :) So, if you end up getting the Ab Lounge, can I come over and try it out? LOL! - Alyna